- My exam result was lower than expected. It's the exam board's fault or maybe my teacher didn't teach the right stuff. It could be her fault.
- I ran into the back of the car in front of me. The driver had braked too quickly. It was his fault.
- In court John received a three month jail sentence. It was the judge's fault because he had it in for John and didn't listen to the evidence properly
- Betty forgot to pay her house insurance just before the chip pan fire. It was either the insurance company's fault because they didn't send out a reminder or the chip pan maker's fault because there was no warning label on the pan.
- Baby Bobby died from meningitis in the hospital. It was the doctor's fault because she didn't tell the nursing staff in detail what to do. Or it could have been the ambulance team. They took over four minutes to get to Bobby's house!
- In Market Rasen high street, Sue tripped on the kerb and grazed her knees when she fell down. It was the council's fault because the kerbstone was too high and there was no warning notice either and besides the kerb was made of concrete and not foam rubber.
- Donald was annoyed with what he called the fake media. It was their fault that people were learning the truth about nepotism and Russian involvement in the 2016 presidential election. And it's Crooked Hillary's fault and Robert Mueller's and President Obama's and definitely not his.
- Obesity is the fault of fast food companies.
- Drunkenness is the fault of breweries and distilleries.
- "The search for a scapegoat is the easiest of all hunting expeditions." - Dwight Eisenhower
19 August 2018
Last night, we lay down on sunbeds and watched Mrs Moon rise like a tangerine over The Aegean Sea. To capture the beauty of the scene fa...
Chavs being chavvish. Just the other day, I spotted a male "chav" down by the local Methodist church. He was wearing a Burberrry ...
So there I was standing in the kitchen of our son's terraced house. Something caught my eye outside in his little urban garden. It was a...