19 March 2019

Son

Do you remember that dog from the "Tom and Jerry" cartoons? He was called Spike and he had a son who was very much a chip off the old block. The son's name was Tyke and Spike would often proudly declare, "That's my boy!"

Well, please look at the picture above. See the fellow on the right? That's my boy!

Ian is sitting with his "Bosh!" partner Henry in a warehouse in Glasgow. They are perched on a pallet piled high with newly printed copies of "Bish Bash BOSH!" In fact, Ian tells me, that there were many more pallets off camera.

Everything is building to the new book's launch dates. Its first public reveal will be at Sheffield Hallam University on April 3rd followed by the official launch at Vegan Nights on Brick Lane in London on the evening of Thursday April 4th. Go here.

Ian also tells me that their publishers have arranged for "Bish Bash BOSH!" ads to appear on the sides of several buses in London and Sheffield. They are also renting a prime hoardings site near Euston station (American: billboard).

The first cookboook - "BOSH!" has been tremendously successful. Better than the publishers anticipated. Here at Pudding HQ we are obviously hoping that the new book will do at least as well. The dream is not going to end tomorrow but if it should, Ian and Henry have already enjoyed an amazing ride that would have seemed impossible three years ago.

Visit "Bosh!" here. Then, if interested, navigate through their various social media channels.

We plan to see Ian next weekend when we mark Shirley's 60th birthday down in Kent. Moldovan security guards with dogs will be guarding our house - just in case you were planning to take advantage of our absence.

32 comments:

  1. I guess roast beef with Yorkshire pudding will be off the menu next weekend...

    The lads are doing well...congratulations to them both...their hard work and dedication are reaping deserved rewards.

    Happy Birthday to Shirley, too...I'm sure she will have a most enjoyable birthday. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roast beef and Yorkshire pudding will be off Ian's menu Lee. He will have to have hummus instead.

      Delete
  2. This is SO cool. I am going to order one or both cookbooks. I love meat but I I also love to get creative with delicious vegetable meals as well.
    Shirley is a young thing. Did you rob the cradle, Mr. P? Or am I (gasp!) much younger than you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In England we call men who marry younger women "cradle snatchers". I am five years older than her so I am not sure if that makes me one.

      Delete
  3. I wish Ian much success with the new cookbook.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will ask if they can put that on the side of the buses Red.

      Delete
  4. All the best to the fellas behind Bosh! - they have worked hard and deserve their success!

    What a great photo, too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. I love that photo Jenny and indeed they have worked so hard to reach this point.

      Delete
  5. That's great news (again) from Ian and Henry! I wish them lasting success.
    I was puzzled by "prime hoardings site near Euston station" and imagined a place where people hoard things and could not work out what it had to do with advertising the new Bosh! book, but your explanation for American readers helped.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Hoardings" is a word that is fading in England - at least when the word refers to giant poster sites. I like to resist the invasive American English even though I know my resistance is futile.

      Delete
  6. Rick jumped through Paul's new fence last night. I looked at him and said "that's my boy!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And Rick said, "WOOF! WOOF!" which means "I love you Mummy!"

      Delete
  7. May they go from strength to strength.

    ReplyDelete
  8. yes good luck to them well done xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ian has had some bad luck in his working life but BOSH! has turned that round. Thank you John.

      Delete
  9. What a proud moment, the best of luck to them and may they sell pallets and pallets of the new Book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your good wishes Bohemian .

      Delete
  10. Just had a quick look at the website and found some interesting recipes that I will definitely try. Although not vegan, I have to follow a low-cholesterol diet so this looks ideal. I wish them all the best of luck and will even shell out for a copy of the book myself!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely delicious vegan recipes, but what shall I do with my two egg producing bantams? Loved the mushroom recipes as well, apparently mushrooms helps keep your memory lasting longer... Wish them all the success they truly deserve.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could make Nelson a weekly omelette Thelma. Perhaps a mushroom omelette. I appreciate your kind wishes.

      Delete
  12. Exciting news! If I see one of those bus ads, I'll be sure to take photos. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. A second book is so exciting for them and for you and Shirley as well! I enjoyed the first one and I'm sure this one will be fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your active support Bonnie.

      Delete
  14. Will Ian help with the food for his sister's wedding this summer? It would be a shame to waste all that talent! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think he'd like a day off but he will be preparing some vegan nibbles.

      Delete
  15. This is fantastic! It is wonderful to be around someone who has found their true calling in life, but it must be even sweeter and more life-enhancing when that "someone" is your own child. It's a rare thing, this kind of happiness and success, but with Ian and Henry it's so natural and so much a product of who they are. Congratulations to both the boys, and to Ian.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read you words with more awareness - knowing that you yourself have found success in that kind of world Vivian. Thank you.

      Delete
  16. Justifiably proud. (Hope I spelt that correctly !!)

    ReplyDelete
  17. you have wonderful precious son!
    blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Mr Pudding welcomes all genuine comments - even those with which he disagrees. However, puerile or abusive comments from anonymous contributors will continue to be given the short shrift they deserve. Any spam comments that get through Google/Blogger defences will also be quickly deleted.

Most Visits